History of the New Braunfels Swap Meet
The New Braunfels Area Car Club, along with the Rotary Club, sponsored the first New Braunfels Swap Meet at the Comal County Fairgrounds in April 1992. Within the city limits of New Braunfels and equipped with RV hookups and food vendor stalls, the site is an ideal place for a Swap Meet. The first year there were 356 Swap Meet spaces, and about 100 cars entered the Sunday Car and Truck Show. The Car Corral added a great amount of interest. Most of the cars had good, South Texas, rust-free bodies and several of them were sold by the end of the Swap Meet.
The Car Club took full responsibility for the Swap Meet in 2000. We sublet the catering of the food and brought in the Early Ford V8 Club of San Antonio to handle the parking. With the hard work of our members, the Swap Meet has grown every year and continues to run very efficiently.
The Swap Meet is sponsored by the New Braunfels Area Car Club, which is dedicated to the restoration and preservation of antique, classic, and special-interest automobiles and trucks that are at least twenty years old. The Swap Meet and Car Show are held every year at the Comal County Fairgrounds during the 4th weekend in April. One of the largest in the area, our Swap Meet offers over 1000 spaces of hard-to-find car parts and related items.
We have a national and local advertising program to promote the Swap Meet.Â This advertising, plus our distribution of flyers, has brought steady growth.
Don't miss out!
Plan to attend the Swap Meet
every year in April!